On April 13, 1942, General Manuel Ávila Comacho, President of the Republic of Mexico, spoke at the formal dedication of the Biblioteca Benjamin Franklin in Mexico City. The dedication of the library, made possible by a grant from the Coordinator of Inter-American Affairs to the American Library Association, was attended by Mexican officials, American embassy […]
Recent Blog Posts
- Research Strategies: Publications of the A.L.A.
- “Public Library of the High Seas”: ALA and the American Merchant Marine Library Association
- Research Strategies: Publications About the A.L.A. and Librarianship
- Activism and Advocacy in ALA: Women’s Organizations
- Research Strategies: Reading and Accessing Database Records