The beginning of the Twentieth century marked the start of expansion for American libraries. A nationwide movement to establish county library systems began in 1898. This coincided with the spread of branch libraries, which began to appear in large cities in the early 1890s. The growing number of library buildings was due in large part […]
Recent Blog Posts
- Library War Service slides collection now online and browsable
- Audiovisual Collections at the ALA Archives
- “Give the Next Man a Chance!” The Circulating Books of World War I
- Announcing Digitized Chinese-American Librarian Association Newsletters!
- Library Buildings: Altgeld Hall, University of Illinois