The Works Progress Administration (later called the Works Projects Administration, or WPA) was created in May 1935 as part of the new Deal to provide jobs to the unemployed during the Great Depression. In addition to building public roads and supporting community arts projects, the WPA, with help from the ALA Library Extension Board, supported […]
Recent Blog Posts
- Library War Service slides collection now online and browsable
- Audiovisual Collections at the ALA Archives
- “Give the Next Man a Chance!” The Circulating Books of World War I
- Announcing Digitized Chinese-American Librarian Association Newsletters!
- Library Buildings: Altgeld Hall, University of Illinois