To continue our blog series highlighting pioneering women librarians, this next post will focus on Mary Wright Plummer (1856-1916). A member of Melvil Dewey’s first class in librarianship at Columbia College, Plummer went on to establish an impressive career in librarian education, children’s librarianship, and international librarianship, and served as the ALA’s 2nd female president […]
Recent Blog Posts
- Research Strategies: Publications of the A.L.A.
- “Public Library of the High Seas”: ALA and the American Merchant Marine Library Association
- Research Strategies: Publications About the A.L.A. and Librarianship
- Activism and Advocacy in ALA: Women’s Organizations
- Research Strategies: Reading and Accessing Database Records