On April 13, 1942, General Manuel Ávila Comacho, President of the Republic of Mexico, spoke at the formal dedication of the Biblioteca Benjamin Franklin in Mexico City. The dedication of the library, made possible by a grant from the Coordinator of Inter-American Affairs to the American Library Association, was attended by Mexican officials, American embassy […]
Recent Blog Posts
- Library War Service slides collection now online and browsable
- Audiovisual Collections at the ALA Archives
- “Give the Next Man a Chance!” The Circulating Books of World War I
- Announcing Digitized Chinese-American Librarian Association Newsletters!
- Library Buildings: Altgeld Hall, University of Illinois