Faculty Correspondence, 1904-1915 | University of Illinois Archives
|19 Library, 1408 W. Gregory Drive||01-02|
|19 Library, 1408 W. Gregory Drive||03-17|
|19 Library, 1408 W. Gregory Drive||18-22|
|19 Library, 1408 W. Gregory Drive||23-37|
|19 Library, 1408 W. Gregory Drive||40-57|
Correspondence of President Edmund J. James with University faculty members, especially deans, including annual reports and budget requests of faculty members; correspondence on recurring University functions and problems such as construction of new buildings, especially the Auditorium, Armory, Administration Building, Commerce Building, and Physics Buildings; initiation of new colleges, schools, departments and programs, notably the Graduate College, the College of Commerce, and the School of Education; relations with Illinois colleges; accreditation of high schools; library expansion; faculty research and publication and faculty lobbying activity (1904 folders on the president's and deans' powers).
Significant correspondence include Deans David Kinley (Graduate), Evarts B. Greene (Literature and Arts), Kendric C. Babcock (Liberal Arts and Sciences), E. J. Townsend (Science), Eugene E. Davenport (Agriculture), William F. M. Goss (Engineering), Phineas Windsor (Librarian); and James M. White, Supervising Architect.
After 1915, the faculty correspondence is included in the General correspondence of the President's Office, Record Series 2/5/3.