Finding Aid for Wilber J. Fraser Photographs and Correspondence, 1890-93, 1900-36, 1938, 1940 | University of Illinois Archives[Printer Friendly] | [Contact us about this collection]
Primary Creator: Fraser, Wilber J. (Wilber John) (1869-1949)
Extent: 0.6 cubic feet
Arrangement: by subject and chronological thereunder
Subjects: Agricultural History, Agricultural Implements, Alfalfa, American Dairy Association, Barns, Corn, Dairy Science, Europe - Cattle, Europe - Farm Buildings, Farm Machinery, Farm Structures, Football, Manure Spreading, Photography, Round Barns
Papers of Wilber J. Fraser (1869-1945) '93, M.S. '02, professor of dairy science (1902-37), include photographs and negatives of European and American farms (1912-30), University Dairy Science Program activities (1910-15), round dairy barns, dairy cattle, farm workers, alfalfa, manure spreading, tilling corn, hay making, milking (ca. 1905-20), farm economics, football, baseball and class activities (1890-93), and class reunions (1922, 1933). The series also includes a small amount of correspondence (1900, 1911, 1925-30, 1935-36) regarding dairying and Fraser's notes regarding European dairying practices, written during a 1908 tour of the British Isles and continental Europe.
American Dairy Association
Europe - Cattle
Europe - Farm Buildings
Browse by Box:
- Box 2
- Folder 1: Cows, Folder 1
- Cows with milking histories; sired by "Sarcastic"; misc. cows at UIUC.
- Folder 2: Cows, Folder 2
- Misc. dairy cows; newspaper clippings of cows; bull pen.
- Folder 3: Cows, Folder 3
- Photographs of "Colony Flood Protection 8th and his daughters" lineage.
- Folder 4: Cows, Folder 4
- Loading bull on truck; bull in pen. Negatives of bull pen.
- Folder 5: 1940 Exhibit "Roughages", 1940
- Photographs and negatives of cattle from exhibit. Notes on reverse of some prints.
- Folder 6: Misc Dairy Information
- Judging guidelines for dairy cows, Guernsey cattle. Photograph of ears of corn. Photograph of parts of diseased cows.
- Folder 7: Dairy Science Photographs- Round Barns, ca 1905-1920.
- Photographs of interior and exterior of round barns, the farmhouse, the fields, the residents.
- Folder 8: Negatives-"Pasture Exhibit Prints", 1938
- Farm economics presentation.
- Folder 9: Negatives--untitled
- Guidelines for presentations on farm economics
- Folder 10: damaged negative
- farm vehicle
- Folder 11: negative- damaged
- "Illini Nellie" dairy cow
- Folder 12: Lock
- Small padlock found in collection
Browse by Box: