University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Center for International Comparative Studies | University of Illinois Archives
The Center was established in 1964, largely through a grant from the Ford Foundation.1 Its purpose is to stimulate and support comparative research of a functional and problem-oriented nature along cross-national and cross-regional lines.2 In 1969, the Board of Trustees transferred the Center to the Office of International Programs and Studies to integrate the University's international programs and activities.3
1. Board of Trustees Transactions, 52nd Report, January 15, 1964, p. 1011.
2. Board of Trustees Transactions, 52nd Report, June 17, 1964, p. 1245.
3. Board of Trustees Transactions, 55th Report, June 18, 1969, p. 416.