University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Labor and Industrial Relations | University of Illinois Archives
Established in 1945,1 the Institute of Labor and Industrial Relations is responsible for fostering and coordinating education, extension, and research activities in labor and industrial relations, including advisory research and information services.2 In 1946, the name Institute for Labor Relations was changed to Institute for Labor and Industrial Relations.3 In 2008, the Institute was redesignated the School of Labor and Employment Relations.4 It offers graduate, professional and extension training for labor, management and civic groups.5 The Chicago Labor Education Program was established to help union leaders improve their leadership skills.6
This unit covers:
-Interdisciplinary Seminar on Economic Development and Comparative Research
-Chicago Labor Education Program (February 1965)
1. Labor and Industrial Relations Building Dedication, November 29, 1962, p. 15.
2. Board of Trustees Transactions, 43rd Report, March 9, 1946, p. 1031.
3. Board of Trustees Transactions, 43rd Report, May 29, 1946, p. 1112.
4. Agenda Item no. 14, Meeting of July 24, 2008, Board of Trustees Meeting Agenda Items, RS: 1/1/801
5. University of Illinois Catalog, 1946-47, p. 280.
6. Announcing Chicago Labor Education Program, p. 1.