University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Department of Veterinary Biosciences | University of Illinois Archives
The Department of Veterinary Physiology and Pharmacology came into existence with the establishment of the College of Veterinary Medicine in June 1944.1 The first course of this subject was offered during the 1956-57 school year2 and the department was officially launched on September 1, 1947.3
1. Board of Trustees Transactions, 42nd Report, June 1, 1944, p. 958.
2. Catalogs and Registers, 1946-47, p. 392.
3. Board of Trustees Transactions, 44th Report, August 5, 1947, p. 639.