Illini Publishing Company | University of Illinois Archives
In 1911, the Board of Control of the Illini received a state charter of incorporation as the Illini Publishing Company.1 The original charter provided for a non-profit, quasi-official organization authorized to publish the Illini.2 In 1920, the charter was amended to provide for the publishing of other newspapers and magazines.3
In addition to the Daily Illini, the company has subsequently had administrative responsibility for publishing the Siren (1911-34, 1936-39), the Illio (1895- ), the Technograph (1885- ), the Enterpriser (1920-30), the Illinois Agriculturalist (1897-1950), the Illini Rural Observer (1950-54), Chaff (1957-62), Spectator (May-September 1961), Tom-Tom (1945-46) and Shaft (1947-54).
1. The Illini Publishing Company Charter Provisions and By-Laws, May 1, 1921, footnote p. 1.