Lincoln Hall (4) | University of Illinois Archives
View of the east side of Lincoln Hall with a caption on the back which reads: "Built in 1911, with addition in 1929-30, this building honors in its name the 16th president of the United States, Abraham Lincoln, who came from Illinois and who signed the far-seeing Land Grant College Act under which this and other land grant colleges were established. In this building are headquarters of the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, largest college of the University, and a merger of two of the four original colleges of the University. On the exterior of the building are plaques bearing quotations and scenes from the life of Lincoln. A bust of him is in the building, at the entrance to the Little Theater which occupies the courtyard of the building and which is the scene of campus dramatic productions as well as of many other meetings and classes."
Found in RS: 39/2/20, Box BUI - Lincoln Hall, Folder BUI - Lincoln Hall 1940-59