UIUC's Undergraduate Library and Main (Graduate) Library. The two story Undergraduate Library was built underground around a central courtyard which provides light to the building. It opened on November 15, 1969. The Main Library, styled in the Colonial Revival / Gregorian form, was the second of Charles Platt's buildings and was largely built in three sections, with the first $750,000 section finished in 1923, the second $500,000 done in 1925, and the third $500,000 piece finished in 1927.  Original photo located in RS 18/01/43, Box 1, Folder 2.