James Reston Papers: Access and Use
If you wish to bypass this use form and go directly to the detailed finding aid in a PDF version, click here.
Before accessing the HTML version of the finding aid and collection of digitized documents, you must agree to the following conditions by completing the form below and submitting it using the button. A record of your agreement will be maintained by the University of Illinois Archives.
- Digital image files of archives or documents on this website may not be copied or dowloaded from this site to a permanent storage medium by any process whatsoever. Single copy printouts are permissible for the purposes of criticism, comment, news reporting, teaching, scholarship, or research.
- Permission to examine or to make one print copy of archival material does not convey the right to publish or to reproduce multiple copies of the archival material. No document or substantial portion of a document may be published except in compliance with the requirements of copyright law and/or restrictions imposed by the University, The New York Times Company, or other copyright owner. Such rights may be secured only upon authorization of the copyright owner. The copyright owner in documents addressed to Reston but written by others may be held by those authors, their heirs or assigns, or their legal representative. Responsibility for obtaining permission from the appropriate party to publish or make multiple copies rests with the applicant and his/her publishers. Requests for permission to publish should be submitted in writing to: University Archives, Room 19 Library, 1408 West Gregory, Urbana, IL 61801
- Written permission to publish or to make multiple copies will ordinarily be granted for those Reston Papers in which the University has been assigned copyright ownership or has been granted a license to authorize copying for publication, preparation of derivative works, and dissemination of such archival materials on the owner's behalf, consistent with these Policies and Regulations. In giving permission to publish or make multiple copies of archival material, the University of Illinois does not surrender its own right to publish or make multiple copies of the material or to grant others the right to publish or make multiple copies of the same material.
- Where permission to publish is granted, the applicant agrees to indicate in the published work that the original archival material is located in the University Archives The applicant also agrees to provide one copy of all publications resulting from use of the Reston Papers to the University Archives.
- The University of Illinois makes no representation of copyright ownership except for certain Reston Papers for which the Donor has assigned copyright to the University of Illinois. In no event, shall the University of Illinois be held responsible or liable for any claims of libel or infringement of copyright or other intellectual property rights resulting from the applicant's use, copying or publication of archival materials.