History of the Physiology Department, 1957-61 | University of Illinois Archives
Series Number: 15/17/10
Volume: 0.3 cubic feet
Available for use at:
|Room 146 Main Library, Prior Request Preferred||1-|
Description: A typescript history of the Physiology Department, 1861-1960, by Prof. Walter P. Elhardt (1891-1962), based on University publications and records, interviews, questionnaires and personal observation and covering the general history of the University and the development of instruction in physiology. Prof. Elhardt includes anecdotes, photographs, statistical data and biographical sketches about faculty, assistants, secretaries, students, enrollment, courses and building. For 1956-60, he includes minutes of departmental staff meetings. Among the faculty members covered are Thomas Burrill, Don Taft, Benjamin Jillson, Charles Rolfe, George Kemp, William Burge, Frederic Steggerda, Carl Hartman, Clifford Prosser and Robert Johnson.