CEMREL Aesthetic Education Program Publications and Reports, 1962-82
[Back to Formatted Version]
Brief Description: CEMREL Aesthetic Education Program Publications and Reports includes monographs, research reports, surveys, newsletters, bibliographies, publication lists, promotional materials, program materials (teacher guides, student books, evaluation reports and curriculum materials); and grant reports concerning programs and projects to develop aesthetic education material for primary and secondary schools. The U.S. Office of Education, National Institute of Education, National Endowment for the Arts, National Endowment for the Humanities, John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, Edward John Noble Foundation, and the John D. Rockefeller 3rd Fund sponsored these projects. This series also includes non-AEP publications and reports issued by CEMREL relating to Comprehensive School Mathematics Program, Midwest Regional Exchange, ML Group for Policy Studies in Education, and Urban Education Program.
Held at:
University of Illinois Archives
19 Library
1408 W. Gregory Dr.
Urbana, IL 61820
Phone: (217) 333-0798
Fax: (217) 333-2868
Email: illiarch [at] illinois.edu
Record Series Number: 10/10/101
Created by: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Bureau of Educational Research
Volume: 10.0 cubic feet
Acquired: 5/24/85
More information is available at https://files.archon.library.illinois.edu/uasfa/1010101.pdf (pdf)
Arrangement: By type of material, then alphabetical by title and chronological thereunder
Biographical Note for University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Bureau of Educational Research :

A Bureau of Educational Research was established on June 1, 1918, in the School of Education for the purpose of investigating the problems of teaching and school administration, collecting information concerning the best educational practices of this and other countries, and placing the results obtained before the schools of this state.1 During the 1920's and early 1930's the Bureau grew to include a staff of eight, but the economic necessities of the Depression reduced the staff to two.2 Following World War II, the Bureau expanded again and took on new duties. In 1947, after becoming the coordinating office for the Field Service Program, the Bureau was reorganized as the Bureau of Research and Service.3 This reorganization meant more community-oriented programs such as in-service training for teachers, direction of school surveys, and publication of helpful material for school personnel.4 In 1952, the Field Service Program was severed from the Bureau, and once again the Bureau became known as the Bureau of Educational Research.5

1. Board of Trustees Transactions, 29th Report, June 1, 1918, p. 759.

2. College of Education: Bureau of Research and Service: History, Functions, Service. University of Illinois. June, 1950, p. 7 (pamphlet) RS 10/10/10/10.

3. Board of Trustees Transactions, 44th Report, August 5, 1947, p. 486; personal interview with Professor William P. McClure, Director of Bureau of Educational Research, February 3, 1974.

4. College of Education: Bureau of Research and Service: History, Functions, Service. University of Illinois. June, 1950, p. 10 (pamphlet) RS 10/10/10/10.

5. Personal interview with Professor William P. McClure, Director of the Bureau of Educational Research, February 3, 1974.

Subject Index
Aesthetic Education
Curriculum Development
Educational Research
Languages of Materials
English [eng]