University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Institute of Communications Research | University of Illinois Archives

Name: University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign. Institute of Communications Research


Historical Note:

On April 24, 1947, the Trustees approved the appointment of Wilbur Schramm as Director of the newly created Institute of Communications Research.1 On February 16, 1950, the Trustees approved the establishment of a Division of Communications, which was to be headed by Schramm.2 The Institute of Communications Research was part of this Division. On April 21, 1954, the Trustees approved the transfer of the Institute of Communications Research to the Graduate College.3 On June 20, 1957, the Trustees transferred (effective September 1, 1957) the Institute of Communications Research to the College of Journalism and Communications, with the Director of the Institute reporting to the Dean of the College.4

1. Board of Trustees Transactions, 44th Report, April 24, 1947, p. 351.

2. Board of Trustees Transactions, 45th Report, February 16, 1950, p. 988.

3. Board of Trustees Transactions, 47th Report, April 21, 1954, pp. 1322-23.

4. Board of Trustees Transactions, 49th Report, June 20, 1957, p. 435.




Page Generated in: 0.083 seconds (using 37 queries).
Using 9.22MB of memory. (Peak of 9.36MB.)

Powered by Archon Version 3.21 rev-3 beta
Copyright ©2017 The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign