PDC Bulletin: A quarterly update from the ARLIS/NA Professional Development Committee
The PDC Bulletin is compiled by the Professional Development Committee (PDC) to spread the word about professional development resources and opportunities for art information professionals. Your input is welcome. If you have something to share, please contact the committee. The April 2016 update follows:
PDC Bulletin, April 2016
Professional Development Committee News
- Four recorded sessions from the ARLIS/NA + VRA 2016 joint conference are posted on the ARLIS/NA Learning Portal (also available in Spanish translation).
- The PDC Core Competencies Task Force, chaired by Janine Henri, has convened and is working to update the ARLIS/NA Core Competencies for Art Information Professionals.
- On the ARLIS/NA website: the new Mentoring Programs page provides an overview of the Year-Long Mentoring Program, the Chapter Mentoring Program, and the Conference Networking Program.
Also Happening in ARLIS/NA
- There is still time to register for the Summer Educational Institute for Visual Resources and Image Management (SEI), July 7-10 at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill. SEI announced a Statement of Inclusivity in response to North Carolina’s recent House Bill 2; SEI co-chairs invite participants and potential participants to contact them with any concerns and questions.
From Elsewhere, of Interest
- Linked Open Data in Libraries, Archives and Museums workshop and summit (#LODLAMTO) will take place May 12-13 in Toronto.
- Special Libraries Association 2016 annual conference is June 12-14 in Philadelphia. ARLIS/NA members can register at the discounted SLA member rate.
- Rare Books and Manuscripts Section (RBMS) of ACRL annual conference is June 21-24 in Coral Gables, FL.
- For teaching librarians: Dartmouth College will host the Librarians Active Learning Institute, July 18-19 and the Librarians Active Learning Institute—Archives and Special Collections, July 21-23.
Calls for Proposals
- The First-Year Experience Library Cookbook call for chapter proposals. Due April 29.
- Associate of College & Research Libraries (ACRL) 2017 conference (Baltimore, March 2017) call for session proposals. Due May 6.
- Fashion: Now & Then: Fashion as Art (New York, NY, October 20-22) call for presentations and artwork. Due June 6.
- Reference Librarianship & Justice: History, Practice & Praxis call for chapter proposals. Due July 1.