ICA-SUV strives to:
- Survey existing archival practices and procedures in science, technology and medicine archives world wide.
- Assist in disseminating knowledge of the locations of papers and archives in science technology and medicine.
- Co-operate in the exchange of information about the organisation of archives of science, technology and medicine world wide.
- Address changes in records keeping in the institutions of science, technology and medicine, with respect to both administrative and scientific practices.
- Work with historians of science, and scientists and their institutions in order to retain records of historical interest, both in traditional and emerging forms.
- Promote the presentation of contemporary records of science, technology and medicine to recognised international standards of archival description.
To do its work ICA-SUV has the following governing documents.
ICA-SUV Governing Documents
- Bylaws 2015 (English)
- Règlements (Français)
- Superseded Bylaws 2007-2015 (English)
- Superseded 1996-2007 Bylaws (English)
- Nominations and Election Guidelines (2015)
- ‘ICA-SUV Newsletter’ – Editorial Board and Editor Guidelines
- ‘Who’s Who in Archives Globally’ – Editorial Board and Editor Guidelines
- AGM Seoul 2016 Agenda & 2015 AGM Minutes