The beginning of the Twentieth century marked the start of expansion for American libraries. A nationwide movement to establish county library systems began in 1898. This coincided with the spread of branch libraries, which began to appear in large cities in the early 1890s. The growing number of library buildings was due in large part […]
Recent Blog Posts
- Research Strategies: Publications of the A.L.A.
- “Public Library of the High Seas”: ALA and the American Merchant Marine Library Association
- Research Strategies: Publications About the A.L.A. and Librarianship
- Activism and Advocacy in ALA: Women’s Organizations
- Research Strategies: Reading and Accessing Database Records