Continuing our coverage of ALA during World War I, this post will highlight the now very rare uniforms of the first military librarians. The Library War Service was not unique in having a uniform, as many volunteer groups active in World War I had their own distinctive uniforms, notably the Red Cross and the Salvation Army. However, World […]
Recent Blog Posts
- Research Strategies: Publications of the A.L.A.
- “Public Library of the High Seas”: ALA and the American Merchant Marine Library Association
- Research Strategies: Publications About the A.L.A. and Librarianship
- Activism and Advocacy in ALA: Women’s Organizations
- Research Strategies: Reading and Accessing Database Records